Philosophy for Life - "Tamasha" Style

Browsing through the Instagram’s ‘people you would like to follow’ during the mind-numbing time that my office hours have become, I came across this one girl. Clicked to open up her profile and like most legit profiles up on Instagram, this one too was Private. (Reminder to self: have to make my profile private). This girl had a Blogspot link up in her description and being the curious person I am, I opened up the link. Reading through a couple of posts I could say she is good.  As I was about to go back, I came across a post on her thoughts on Tamasha. Now, you have to understand, this is what I consider my soul movie so I had to check out what she had to say. (On a related topic here are my thoughts on it. Check that post out too). It really delighted me knowing she had understood the movie and was all for it. So I can, by default say I would like her.

2 things followed this Blogspot stalking: First, I went back to Instagram and requested to follow her without a second thought. Second, I closed down the internet and opened up Tamasha on my phone right then (Yes in office). I had to see it, especially after the shit that’s been going on, I needed inspiration. Why hadn’t I thought to see it before? Anyway, I completed the movie and got 3 specific dialogues as takeaway on this 4th rewatching of the movie.  These have made it up to my updated motto/philosophy/words-to-live-by list. Here they are: (hope they inspire you too)


1- Old Storyteller: “Wahi kahani har jagah chalti [...] iss waqt humare aas paas, tumhari zindgai mein bhi. Socho mat, kahan aur kab aur kisne, bas maza lo kahani ka dil khol ke
The storyteller says this when the young Ved interrupts him saying he is not continuing the same story what he had told last time. On the surface, it is just a dialogue about how all stories are same. But what I took was this is not about the story he was telling. Our lives are stories; interesting in their own way and so often we just start over analyzing and forget to actually enjoy the story. Just savor each moment of your life and then only you will be able to live it well.


2- Old Storyteller: “Darta hai? Darr lagta hai? Apni Kahani mujhse puch rha hai, kayar. Kisse darta hai? Hai kaun yahan?”
The lesser I say about these, the better.  We need to break free of the crippling fear that holds us back from doing all the stuff that we can do and we ought to be doing. This is one dialogue that I feel is being said to me directly. I have to apply this into my life ASAP. It’s tough no doubt, but hai kaun yahan, right?

3- Ved: “Koi baat nai. Apni kahani hai. Ending change kar lenge.
Now, this comes right at the end when Ved has finally decided to follow his heart and lets his father know so via a story. Once again it is not about the story he has just narrated. This I believe is what everything boils down to at the end of the day. It is your life and it is you who is going to decide how it will turn out to be. You can either be stuck wherever you are telling yourself all kinds of reasons why you cannot follow your heart or you can take charge and make life what and how you want it to be. After all, it is your story.   

I have 3 more words-to-live-by but since this post is about Tamasha inspired ones, maybe I will cover them in some other post. Though that girl rejected my request to let me follow her, at least I got the inspiration I badly needed and a post for my blog too. So thank you, miss!

If you have not watched the movie, please do. If you have and not liked it, rewatch it. If you have and liked it, rewatch it. In any case, let me know down in comments below if you found any other interesting takeaways from this gem of a movie. Or what is your philosophy in life that you like to follow? Or what you had for lunch today is fine as well.

Feedback always appreciated.

PS: Instagram ID- vishwas.ahuja  (most uncreative name ever, I know

Comments

  1. Very well written and yes, u inspired me too to watch that awesome movie again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment