Indi-Difference

It was back in 11th standard that I first came to know about blogging. The idea appealed to me as at that time I wanted to show my writing to the world. I thought I really am writing well (this thought was helped by my teacher praising me for one of my stories written in exam). I did not understand anything about it. I wrote a story, published it on blogger and waited. I waited and waited for a very long time, logging in to check how many page views I had. It was disappointing (Very, very disappointing).
As I have said, I did not understand anything and was under the impression that if I have put it up, it will get views by magic. After a few months of that 'flop' show I deleted the blog. I had posted nothing apart from that first story. I say again, I had no clue how blogging community worked.

That was 5 years ago (really!!??).

About 3 months back, out of the blue, I logged in to blogger again and created a new blog. I did a lot of synonym search to come up with 'Arbitrary Notions' (I don't boast of having  the best vocabulary). One of my junior at college, who has been blogging for a time, suggested Indiblogger to me. At first, my blog was refused as it required minimum 5 posts. I came back later and since then have tried to be as active as time permits me to be. Finally, I have a place where I can actually get readers. And it is for them that I will continue this blog (I hope I get some, or am I just being delusional).

I am still new. I have a long way to go in the blogosphere. But now I know the key to a having a good blog (at least I think these are the keys, if you know some others then please share):
  • Be regular. 
  • Be active.
I am sure one day I will also post about getting awards, and having N number of followers, being on the top posts of the site (there really is no end to the human greed). Till that day may come, I will do the only thing that I can. Keep Indi-Blogging.



Feedback Appreciated!

The promt for this post is Indispire 16 'Life before and with Indiblogger'.
You can check out my junior's blog, 'Green Gaians', here.
As part of review a blog week you can review 'Arbitrary Notions' here.

Comments

  1. Oh! You should have never deleted your old Blog. Anyway, glad that you have restarted. Best wishes!
    Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am happy that I restarted. Thanks for stopping by. Keep reading.

      Delete
  2. Awww Love this sweet innocent post....
    Common story of new bloggers , bw love this dream of urz - I am sure one day I will also post about getting awards, and having N number of followers, being on the top posts of the site (there really is no end to the human greed).

    Just believe in this dream , Have knowledge about SEO , But the most important - Never loose your hope bro...
    And then this dream of yours will become a REALITY :)

    Good-Luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked it! I am trying to learn about SEO but my first aim is to keep writing.
      Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have removed your comment by mistake. Was using the site on mobile. Sorry. But it was a great quote from the best movie ever. Thanks a lot for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. RePost:
      "Hope is a good thing, may be the best of the good things, and good things never die."
      -Shawshank redemption

      So, keep hoping, keep writing, keep improving. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment