To be an Author... #WritingWishList

Everyone who has ever written a blog post (or a diary entry for that matter) has at some point in their life thought about penning down a book.  It may not be a fully fledged novel but the thought of getting published does occur in the mind from time to time.


As I have said before in one of my posts, I was very much excited when I saw the names of different authors in story books, novels, people who have left behind a legacy, left behind their name. I wished to see my name in print someday. And I know if I do begin to write a book, it will be a fiction novel, probably suspense bordering on horror. But there a number a factors that have to seen to first (call them hurdles to be jumped over):-

1    -     Writing a book requires patience, and complete dedication. And that is something I am seriously lacking at this point in my life. Maybe sometime later, when I have settled down I might do it.
2    -      Getting published is not a very easy thing. A quick Google research will tell you how much it takes to get one of your manuscripts published. And that becomes tenfold (maybe more) if you are a new writer.
3    -      There is a difference between writing one story and a complete novel. Again it requires a lot of time.
4    -      Then there is going on after you have written one book. I feel I might not think about another story. (This just went too far)

That was the negative me listing out the hurdles but the positive me says nothing is impossible. All you need is to give a little time everyday and everything will work out. If you do want something with all your heart, nothing can stop you from achieving it. These are the reasons given to justify your own laziness.

 I have had a story stuck in my head for 2-3 years now and it has undergone gazillion changes since I first thought about it. I have not been able to write it down (college!). I will do so and also try to get it out for the public. But let’s not get too far ahead, first comes becoming a decent blog writer. I just can’t contain my thoughts. I have already written a lot of off topic stuff here.

The question was if I wish to write a book and what would write about first? The answer is yes I would love to write a book and I will always be writing fiction whenever I can. (Suspense/horror, I just can’t write a happy, lovey dovey kind of story)

Feedback appreciated!


(This post was written after prompt from Indispire’s tenth edition on IndiBlogger)

Comments

  1. Nicely presented. Writing is indeed challenging and needs time, effort, discipline , patience...
    Best wishes to you. Gazillion changes in your head has enhanced your book :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant- :)
      Smiley typo in previous reply :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the feedback... I certainly hope the changes turn out to be good!

      Delete
  2. Best wishes ahead hope one day u will become a great writer..........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment